Hello, I'm Ash!
Driven professional with a broad technical skill-set with expertise in front-end design / development and interaction design. I have a passion for solving problems, constantly perfecting my craft and producing work of which I can be proud.
I am an accomplished front-end developer and designer with extensive experience building WordPress driven websites, HTML5, CSS3 and various web scripting technologies, web standards and project management. I provide a diverse range of services including application development, SEO/SEM and branding to an array of clients. A highly dedicated professional who works collaboratively to meet project goals.
- Residence Dubai - UAE
- e-mail email@example.com
Brands and Ash
What I Do
Working with Ashraf was a blast. He has a can do attitude, open mind to new concepts and a great sense of humour. Craft-wise he brings solid front end skills with great people management skills. I would recommend Ashraf without hesitation.
Ashraf and I worked on many projects and daily tasks involving eCommerce events and campaigns, We developed a deep understanding of when, how to communicate and what to look out for when managing change. His support and 24 hour commitment was a pleasure to work with.
I know Ashraf since we started building the first version of Altayyaronline, Ashraf is right mix of good personality, attitude and has well knowledge of front-end technologies, he is hard working and also can handle lots of work pressure with right balance on maintaining project timeline. Together we have shared lots of good discussion about UI & UX along with building right customer facing frontend and English and Arabic language. Ashraf is one of the gems in the area of UI/ UX & frontend technologies & he is a very good team player, I wish him a big success for his career..
Working with Ash is always a pleasure and of great value to the team he's in. He is a talented developer with a broad skill-set and an outstanding eye for design that shows in his work. He is a deep and creative thinker and always brings a fresh and alternative perspective to the work that's to be done, making him an exceptional problem solver.
Jan 2016 - PresentAl Futtaim Group Digital Retail Division Dubai - UAE
SPECIALIST - FRONT END DEVELOPMENT
“ Currently we’ve launched IKEA, Toys R Us, Reebok and Kiabi, As Brand new ecommerce sites by the years 2019/2020 “
- Managed a small team of front end developers to establish/maintain the ecommerce BAU publishing structure and process from the key brands for Al Futtaim group.
- Responsible for the overall UI and output quality for the eCommerce web applications.
- Work with UX and Design managers in the core team for planning the upcoming brands and continues improve the current quality.
- Working in workshops with Al-Futtaim Enterprise IT and PMO office to manage the time-line for the development sprints (Agile).
- Managing the performance action plans to take our eCommerce-apps up to industry standard bench marks.
- Estimate the effort and scope of work and gather the requirements teaming up with the UX-Manager and PMO to generate FSD document for the update phases.
Nov 2014 – Dec 2015Al Futtaim Group Enterprise IT Division Dubai - UAE
SENIOR FRONT END ENGINEER
- Developing through IBM Websphere Commerce the front end for the eCommerce echo system for Alfuttaim.
- Managing the front end development for Marks and Spencer Dubai, Working along with Marks and Spencer UK.
- Creating the eCommerce platform for UAE Local brands ACE and Plugins.
- Creating the eCommerce platform for Bahrain Local brands Home Zone.
July 2013 - Nov 2014Al Tayyar Travel Group Dubai - UAE
SENIOR UI & FRONT-END DEVELOPER/DESIGNER
- Developing the website for Al Tayar online travel, As responsible for the complete development of the site including design, and using Eclipse and Sublime as the main development software and Java and Oracle as the development code
- Design and optimize original site graphics and navigational elements that have been formally praised by clients for accurately reflecting marketing messages while clearly and logically guiding site users
Feb 2012 – July 2013Emerging Media London - UK
SENIOR UI & FRONT-END DEVELOPER/DESIGNER
- Worked in a fast paced environment, producing a high volume of websites. Responsible for developing websites that have end users a seamless and rich internet experience, and for being the first point of contact for clients if they had queries or technical problems
- Provided skilled web support for developers and marketers using the development software SmartGit and Sublime and the development code PHP
- Designed and coded HTML 5, CSS 3 Web pages and landing pages from scratch
Nov 2010 – Feb 2012Jabbar Internet Group Cairo - Egypt
SENIOR WEB DESIGNER
- Researched end user preference and ensured it was incorporated into the website
- Ensured web site was created with end user in mind, creating innovative and end user friendly web design
Oct 2009 – Nov 2010DIR Group Cairo - Egypt
ART DIRECTOR - UX DESIGNER
- Managed the social media marketing for clients in conjunction with the web design department in order to fit the customer’s corporate identity and achieve project objectives.
- Responsible for producing innovative ideas for the visual elements of advertising campaigns in all kinds of media, including: Social Media, internet (digital/viral marketing), posters, press, direct mail.
Latest Cool Certificates
Frontline Leadership Program
Coding my way
Designing my life
Knowledges and stuff
- Complex Front end development
- Digital Design
- Social Media
- Time Management
- Social Networking